17 December 2006

I Love Electricty

We here in Seattle had a massive wind storm here Thursday night and seeing as wind and tall trees usually don't go together, we had quite the number of power outages. Over a million homes and businesses were without power.

I was lucky however and my place never lost power. In fact I never realized how bad the windstorm was until I went out to run some errands on Friday. D'oh. Traffic lights out everywhere and stores all over the places closed due to no power. Our local Safeway lost over a half million dollars in food when they lost power for just over 24 hours.

My friend Lori is staying at my place now cause her house has been without power since Thursday night. And it has now gotten cold here over the weekend. And of course, everyone without power is heading to the already overcrowded malls. Hopefully all the power will be restored soon.

No comments: