18 December 2006

A Winner to Cheer For

I watch Survivor. I know it is pretty much crap reality TV, but it is one of my guilty pleasures. At least it is not American Idol which I finally weened myself of 2 years ago. Year after year of watching Survivor and no one I like ever wins. Usually they come in 2nd or 3rd. Terry the Navy pilot who came in 3rd, The Awesome Boston Rob who came in 2nd in the All-Star version, and Colby in the Outback coming in 2nd. And don't even get me started on all the great Amazing Racers who come in 2nd as well.

This season of Survivor was different however, as the entire final 4 was awesome and I was thrilled that Yul won. After the whole bruh-ha-ha over the 4 tribes - 4 races thing at the beginning of the season, it was just awesome to see the tight-knit final four consist of an african-american, two asians, and a hispanic. How's that for diversity? All in all it was a great outcome.

And how about that fire-starting tie-breaker between Saundra and Becky. Comedic Gold! The editors of that show deserve an Emmy for that 5 minutes alone. My friend and I were laughing so hard.

Now lets hope this trend of deserving winners continues onto the All-Star version of Amazing Race. Go Rob & Amber!

No comments: