10 August 2006

Happiness Is.....

Today on my way home I saw this bumper sticker that read....

"Happiness is seeing my bosses photo on a milk carton"

Is this supposed to be funny? Thousand of children are abducted and exploited each year and frantic parents are desparate to find them using posters and yes, milk cartons. The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, which coordinates missing-kid photo distribution have established that 1,435 kids were found as a direct result of posters and faces on milk cartons. That's probably not much in the grand scale of missing kids, but for the parents of those 1,435 kids, those posters and milk cartons were a blessing.

I guess I am bewildered as to why anyone would put that bumper sticker on their car. It is not funny at all.

No comments: