10 May 2008

Alaska or Bust

Well, today I am headed to Alaska for our cruise. It's my first trip to Alaska so I am excited to go and see all the prettiness. Of course the weather shows rain for the entire week so cross your fingers that we get at least some sunshine here and there.

The last few days around here have been stressful with work, hosting mom and her friend and trying to get ready for this trip. I will be glad when we finally get on the plane and I can stop worrying about everything and relax a little bit.

Oh... my repaired lens did not arrive in time so I went ahead and rented a Canon 100-400mm zoom lens. I am considering buying this lens, so using it during this trip will end up being like a test run. Plus, it gives me some length for the digital SLR which I didn't have in Africa. If I like the lens, I will start saving the pennies to buy one....

I am not sure if I will be able to blog/post while on board the ship. The information I have says that they do have internet access on board, but I am not sure how much time there will be to post or how much it will cost. I do hope to have some nice photos when I return.

safe journeys everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Guess who got a fabulous care package yesterday???? Hint, look for the one in the corner with her head buried in a book. Thanks so much!!

Will tell you more of the crazy goings on when you get back.