07 January 2008

So Far So Good

The new health program is going well so far. The first week was a tough transition, especially the one coke a day thing. Not that I was grumpy, but I found myself sooo tired during the week and struggling to get out of bed each day. But I got some good rest this weekend and Monday morning wasn't so bad.... only one snooze button.

I thought this weekend was gonna be difficult being at home with a tempting fridge full of food, but I did ok. I was able to cut the food calorie intake by roughly 500-1000 calories over the weekend. I did some grocery shopping and picked up a whole bunch of healthy foods with a lot of fruits and broccoli. There were a lot of tempting stuff I put back on the shelf after reading the nutrition panel on the item. Yikes, there are lots of calories out there in food. Even in so called "healthy" food, I found some very high calories. Like the Lean Cuisine pizza that had more calories than the Red Baron "regular" pizza. I was able to enjoy a Panera lunch and still stay relatively healthy with a 1/2 of Assagio Roastbeef sandwhich and some fat-free chicken noodle soup. Yum....

I overdid the Friday evening workout a bit (hips!), so I took it easy these past two days and will start back at the exercise today. I also haven't tried to pool thing out yet. I got the goggles and swim cap, but I need a new swim suit. I have swim gear, but they are the fancy, cute kind of suite that aren't really designed for swimming laps. Unfortunately, it is a little early in the season for the stores to stock the swim gear. I need to look around a bit more though.

I am also still looking for a good 30 minute aerobic workout that works your abs, back, and arms. Most of the machines are so geared towards you legs. I'll have to ask the fitness center staff about that.

But overall, things are going well. I am starting to feel better overall and even the pants had a bit of ease to them this morning.

No comments: