24 November 2007

Football Finale

I am in Georgia visiting mom for Thanksgiving and today is the final day of the week of Football Craziness I mentioned in my last post.

Today is the Good 'ol Fashioned Hate game. The Georgia vs. Ga Tech game.
UGA is ranked 8th in the nation at 9-2 and I would love nothing more than knocking them down a rank or two by upsetting them today. However, my Ga Tech team is not quite up to par this year, so I am not expecting miracles. For me, this game is more about enjoying it with my mom who has never been to a Ga Tech vs. UGA game and she is very excited about this. It should be fun no matter the end score.

In other news, I love spending my mom's money. :-) Mom wanted some new furniture, so we visited a few local furniture stores and got mom a new leather couch and matching large chair, a recliner chair that isn't from the same set, but matches in color, and a new queen bed and mattress. We grew up with mis-matched and often contrasting colored furniture so it will be nice for mom to have new and matching living room furniture. Mom also wants a new small TV for her bedroom, so that is next on the shopping agenda.... after the game though.

Hope y'all are having a splendid holiday. Safe travele everyone!

No comments: