17 September 2007

Risotto

How have I lived my life up until now without ever having tried Risotto? I've seen chefs cook it on all sorts of Top Chef/Hell's Kitchen/Food Network shows, but I have never actually tried the stuff myself. I though it was a rice pudding-ish kind of dish (Yuck!), but discovered it is pasta... and who doesn't love pasta.

So, last night I went out with some old friends who were in town. We went to a great Italian restraunt and I decided to stretch the palette a bit. I had chicken saltimbucco in a sage sauce and parmasean risotto.

De. Liscious!

Now I am looking for other good risotto receipes to try out.

4 comments:

Joy said...

Sorry kid. Risotto isn't pasta. It's a rice dish made with a specific kind of rice. It is good though!

Anonymous said...

If you liked the risotto, then chances are you would like rice pudding. Only real difference is most rice puddings are "sweet". You should try the risotto with pine nuts, or maybe topped with some pesto also. There is a whole world out there to try.

Janet said...

Kid? Kid? KID?
Aren't I older than you, kid?

So, its not pasta. That cute waiter dude at the restraunt was wrong then.

I've tried rice pudding and it is horrid, so risotto.... like; rice pudding.... HATE!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, risotto is rice. My bad. It's orzo that's like rice but isn't rice. Just for that, here's a recipe that looks like it might fit the bill for you.