09 April 2007

Easter Chocolates

As Easter has come and gone, the kiddies have all probably fully gorged and digested their chocolate easter bunnies and other candies.

Therefore, it was good to see the Chocolate - Fair Trade - child slavery issue get a little more press. Granted, it is via the BBC website, but press is press and the more people are informed about the issue, the more people can take a stand against the chocolate industry and demand changes.

Child cocoa workers still 'exploited'

'Slavery' behind Easter chocolate

Even mom asked me if I had gotten my chocolate bunny for Easter and I had to explain the reason I was boycotting all non-Fair Trade marked chocolate, tea, coffee, and sugar. She thinks I am crazy, but I did tell her I would get her some Fair-Trade dark chocolate bars since she lives in podunk Georgia and her local grocery store probably doesn't stock anything Fair Trade.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guess your giving up Frangos too.

Janet said...

ah crap.... I forgot about Frangos.

And yes, I will give them up unless they change to Fair Trade chocolate.