19 November 2006

Mom's New Chair

The last time my mom was at my place in NY, she commented on my lack of good seating places in my living room. The couch is definately not one of those big, soft cushy couches and the big wooden futon chair is not only old, but lost its comfortableness several years ago. There is also the old leather rocker that you dont want to lean to far back in cause the springs are a gonner and you'll tip over backwards.

Yeah, I know, I left college long ago, so it is about time I moved up to real grown up furniture instead of the hand-me downs and cheap stuff I had in college.

So, yesterday I bought a new recliner. I was pretty picky in what I wanted. Something comfortable, but sleak and modern enough to go with my more contemporary furniture I have now. I found this beautiful recliner that fit all my criteria at the Macy's Furniture Outlet store. It is a Barcalounger similar to the photo shown here. The color is called 'whiskey', a medium brown-ish leather and it even has this slightly retro feel to it.

I think mom and I will be fighting over who gets the barcalounger on her next visit. :-)

No comments: