14 November 2006

How do you say 'Wal-Mart' in Japanese?

So, I found this cool new store last night. I know I said I was shopped out in yesterdays blog, but living in a hotel is boring. And there is a mall right next door, so I like to go there and just walk around.

Anywho.... the store is called Daiso and is basically a Japanese cross between Wal-Mart (without the guns) and a dollar store. Everything in the store is under $2.00 and most of it is all labeled in Japanese. It was fun just trying to figure out what some of the stuff was.

I got some really funky ice cube trays and this great car ice scrapper .... all at $1.50 each.

There only US location is in the mall next to the hotel I am staying in at the moment. Apparently, these stores are all over Japan ... kinda like our own Wal-Marts.

No comments: