04 November 2006

The Final Leg

Once we hit Reno, NV, all we really wanted to do was just get to Seattle. After two weeks on the road, we were tired. Tired of sitting in a car all day. Tired of hotels. Tired of driving.

After being in very rural and desolate areas for the past two weeks, hitting California and the suburbs of Sacramento was a bit of a shock. Traffic and malls and stores everwhere. We stayed in Yuba City, but wished we had found a nicer, more out of the way place.

We decided to make a run for Seattle in one day instead of taking the extra day we had originally planned for. It was hard driving for so long and we didnt stop for sightseeing along the way, but we did manage to get to Seattle by evening. We did get to see several of the mountains along the way, including Mt. Shasta (photo) and a beautifully sunset lit Mt. Hood near Portland.

Since we had gotten in a day early, we had all day Sunday to relax and take it easy. I certainly needed the extra day as Monday was my first day of work at my new job. I am not sure I would have been at my best if we hadn't gotten to Seattle on Saturday and had Sunday to rest up.

No comments: