03 September 2006

Luck of the Irish

Man, I hate Notre Dame. I so wanted my Ga Tech football team to beat them yesterday, but alas, it did not happen.

I flew down to Atlanta Saturday morning and my mom and I went to the game. My folks have had Ga Tech football season tickets for forever. We had fun, hanging in the bookstore and enjoying the pre-game activities around campus. Man, these folk take tailgating to an art form. Some folks drive there in their big 'ol RV and set up the big 'ol tent with full grill, TVs, and the works.

The game itself was very exciting; a low scoring, defense-oriented game. But in the end, all it took was one bad call in Notre Dame's favor for them to squeak out a win. I guess loosing to the #2 ranked team in the nation isn't so bad, but it would have been nice to beat them.

After the game, mom and I drove up to her place. We didnt get home till 2AM (it was an 8pm start for the game). I woke up around 2pm the next day. Man, I was exhausted. So, we are spending what is left of today relaxing and planning out trip out west.

No comments: