09 May 2006

Interview Hell

Today I had a telephone interview for a cool new future position at my company. Can I just say that I HATE! structured telephone interviews. First off, I suck at the whole telephone thing. Never been good at talking to people on the telephone; I am much better face to face. Second, the whole strucutred interview thing where they ask these inane behavioral questions. Blech!

Are you really supposed to pull examples out of your head at the drop of a dime. I can barely remember things I did at work last week and they want me to remember a time I was able to persuade someone into doing something they didnt want to do, describe the situation, my role in it, and the result. Good grief!

Overall I think I did ok with the interview. I definately blew a question or two and I think I outright made up crap on one stupid question, but overall I did ok. I did however, nail the final ('why should I hire you?') question, so at least I finished on a good note.

The best thing is this is a take it or leave it job. In other words, I am completely happy with my current job. If I get this job it is great. If not, it is just fine an dandy as well. So I dont have to stress out for the next few weeks while waiting for a decision.

2 comments:

Joy said...

You do fine on the phone with me!

When will you know about this one?

Janet said...

End of the month is the decision date.