09 June 2008

Weekend Travels

This past weekend I decided that I needed a break from the world. Yes, I know I just got back from vacation, but when you travel with 55 other people on a small boat it is not very conducive to getting some time alone to think and refresh.

So, I grabbed my camera gear and headed down to Seaside, Oregon. I had never been to this part of Oregon and was looking forward to some alone time to photograph and just generally relax. They have this wonderful Ecola State Park nearby where there were hikes and viewpoints overlooking fantastic sea stacks and beaches. In nearby Canon Beach, they have the giant Haystack Rock quite close to the beach and at low tide you can walk among the rocks and view starfish and other sea critters exposed in the low tide. The weather wasn't the best, but it did lead to some nice "moody" photos.

The weekend definitely had the desired effect cause I was so calm and relaxed on the drive home and that usual feeling of having to drive at breakneck speed to get home just wasn't there. It was a nice leisurely drive back to Seattle and I got home feeling so great!

Of course, I will have photos sometime in the future.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooo... those are the kind of pictures I want to take someday in the Pacific NW. Glad to hear you got to relax.