01 June 2008

Five Things

I have been "tagged" by my buddy Joy (who was tagged by someone else) to do this.....

I am blowing off the "rules" that we were supposed to post cause I am not a big fan of chain letters or chain emails or chain blogs.....


What were you doing 5 years ago?
Hee. Where was I spring 2003? I was in NYC working hard at JFK struggling to adjust to the high cost of living in NYC, but generally enjoying the city. And just as Joy mentioned in her post on this, I turned on the TV to a little show on Fox and instantly became 12year old again for about 2 years. I don't regret most of that time as I made some great friends, took some fun road trips, learned a lot about concert photography, and generally felt young again at a time when my body felt soooo old.


What are five things to do on your to do list for the day?
  • Work on photos from Alaska
  • Grocery shopping
  • Vaccum
  • Water the plants
  • Read through my Canon 40D Instruction Manual (which I should have done before my Alaska trip)

I still need to vacuum and finish watering the plants (about half done) and the photo work is a ongoing, seemingly never ending task.


What are five snacks you enjoy?
I'm on a diet, so snacking is not something I get to do much of anymore and when I do, I try to snack healthy and low-calorie.

  • String cheese (these are a nice protein-rich, relatively low-cal snack)
  • 100 calorie snack packs from Nabisco (grasshoppers & cheese-its)
  • Ice cream sandwiches (there are these great "Skinny Cow" low calorie ones that I indulge in every once in a while)
  • Oranges & Apples
  • Gummi Bears (my one true high-calorie indulgence, but I limit my purchase of these little delights these days)


What five things would you do if you were a billionaire?
That's a lot of money.

First I would donate a large portion of the money to organizations and foundations who are doing great things out there. American Red Cross, UNICEF, the ONE Campaign and their partners, 24/7 Prayer, World Vision, Stop the Traffik, International Justice Mission, Children's Defense Fund, the Global Fund, Make it Right, and Habitat for Humanity.

There are a few friends currently on mission trips right now that I would make sure had no more financial worries for the rest of their time in the mission field.

I would also like to donate to some organizations working in some specific medical fields looking for cures for Auto Immune diseases, Leukemia, Cancer, & Autism.

I would make sure my brothers and their families were all taken care of financially and my nieces and nephews all had their college paid for in full.

After all that, I would by a sporty little BMW for my mom so she could have a monogrammed car (her initials are B.M.W). That's been a running "If I won the lottery" joke in our family for a long time.

And finally, for me.... I would get all the cool Canon lenses I am drooling over right now, a bag big enough to pack them all in, and then I would spend a good year or two traveling around the world. And maybe I could hire a few really cool professional photographers to come with me on some of my travels so I could learn from the best.


What are five of your bad habits?

  • Procrastination
  • Food (thus the need for a diet)
  • Coca-Cola (I try and limit myself to one a day)
  • Stubbornness
  • Spelling

What are five jobs you have had?

  • Engineer
  • Technical Service Rep
  • HVAC Engineer (that would be Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning)
  • Worked at McDonalds when I was a kid
  • Photographer (I shot two wedding for money)

What five people do you want to tag?
None. The only person I would tag would be Joy and she tagged me.

No comments: