12 June 2008

Hot Lanta

As this posts, I should be hurling through the air headed towards Georgia. That is assuming Delta can make an on time departure. It is family reunion weekend at momma's house. This is something that ends up happening every year around spring or summer as everyone kinda decides to head to momma's house. The past few years it was due to the Tour deGeorgia bike race coming through my mom's town and this year its due to the Scottish Festival. Since I don't get much opportunity to see my brothers or nieces or nephews, I buy the expensive airplane ticket to ATL. I am packing light to avoid all the new checked baggage charges and I am bringing along a muffin for food.

In other news... the diet is back on track. I finally broke the 35 pounds lost barrier yesterday after being stalled between 30-35 pounds lost for about 2 months. Lets hope the abundance of sweet tea and good southern cookin' this weekend doesn't ruin the progress I made this week.

Wish me luck and talk to you when I get back.

No comments: