15 April 2008

Janet Is......

Crying *sniff*: Tonight as I was enjoying myself with a group of co-workers at the Mariners game, I accidentally dropped my sweet little Panasonic Lumix FZ20. Now I have dropped my camera before, but those were all little drops and the camera wasn't damaged. However, tonight, the drop was a good 3 meters onto concrete. When I turn it on, it makes horrible sounds and then puts an error message on the LCD screen saying to turn the camera off. CRAP. That can't be good.

I know I just bought a cool new Canon 40D Digital SLR, but this was my trusty everyday camera with a fantastic Leica lens that had a f/2.8 opening even at full 12x zoom. It is a great low-light camera. I LOVED this camera and now it is potentially kaput.

Of course, this would have to happen 3 weeks prior to me leaving for an Alaska cruise and 2 weeks after my brand new Tamron lens for my Canon also broke on it's 3rd use while I was in Tokyo. Me and cameras are not working well together right now apparently. ARGH!

So.... do I hunt down another FZ20 on ebay or look for another everyday camera?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't buy the one I've got - that's all I can say. Leica lens or not, it's just not good!