11 June 2007

Calgary, eh?

I have been a bit deliquent on my Africa postings. Mainly due to the fact that I was in Calgary visiting a friend this past weekend. It was a last minute trip. I have never been up that way and I wanted to take advantage of my friend being up there (that sounds way worse than I meant it!).

So, on Friday afternoon, I took the short flight up there, met up with said awesome friend and we enjoyed the wonderful weekend in and around Calgary. Saturday was a walk around downtown Calgary complete with a Carribean parade down the main street and an adventerous outing to Sushi Boat where little boats with sushi make their way around the tables and you select from the boats. Fun!

Sunday, we headed the 120km to Banff. Beautiful little town surrounded by snow-capped mountians. After finding the info center, we headed for the gondola that took us up one of the mountains, hiked along a stair-filled boardwalk up top, then relaxed our sore muscles in the hot springs pools nearby (a treat!). Afterwards, we drove by the famous Banff Springs Hotel complete with bagpiper out front and then back into downtown for a long but fun fondue late lunch/early dinner. Finsihed off with some shopping before heading back to Calgary.

Monday morning was an early day as I woke up, got to the airport, flew back home and was at work all before 7:30am. Whew, I am tuckered out!

Photos to follow in the near future.

No comments: