02 May 2007

Blake

I watch American Idol. There, I said it. Ever since getting way to invested in the outcome back in Season 2, I pretty much stopped watching after that. However this year, I have been watching and somewhat enjoying it... as long as I TiVO passed the fluff (which is the majority of the show).

I like Melinda and my guess she will probably win. She is consistently good every week. However, I adore Blake. Not anwhere near the obsession with Clay I had during Season 2 where I voted my fingers off every week, but I certainly enjoy listening to him every week.

When I first him, I thought he was original and creative. There certainly is not anyone like him out in the music business today. But last night, he was awesome! Not many people can take such a known and popular song as BonJovi's "You Give Love a Bad Name" (or whatever it is called) and truely make it is own. He is the only Idol since Clay that I would go out an buy a CD of their music.

So, I am rooting for Blake. I still don't feel the need to vote, but whatever the outcome, I hope Blake does well and gets to make cool and creative CDs for a long time.

No comments: