28 October 2006

Saturday Night Bust

I was supposed to go to a party tonight. Some old friends here in Seattle invited me over for fellowship and a potluck. I got the address, mapquest map, drinks, and even a nice boquet of fresh cut flowers for the hostess. More than half the unit are dark. Most have their blinds shut. Only a hand full have lights on, but they all seemed to be on the top floor so I cant see into the unit to see if a party is ongoing.

I listen in at a few doors and windows, but nothing sounds like a gathering of friends. No loud talking, no laughter, no pumpkin carving out on the porch (which was on the agenda).

I am increasingly feeling like a stalker, so after 45 minutes I felt like I had exhausted all possibilities other than knocking door to door. So I left with my flowers and drinks and headed home (loosely defined at my room at the Marriott Residence Inn for now).

What would you all do? Would you knock door to door to find the party? Would you slink home like me?

That was my fun Saturday night!

At least my GA Tech football team won their big game vs. Miami today, so I can cheer about that.

1 comment:

Joy said...

Awwwwww.... I'm so sad. I would have done the same thing. :(

Maybe in addition to a GPS you need a LoJack for your friends.

I'm sorry your evening didn't work out. I'm glad we had a chance to chat and catch up.