10 October 2006

The Cats are Still Alive.....

By some miracle, the cats are alive after 5 days on the road with me. And yes, mom is still as well. :-)

We are now in Van Horn, Texas. Seriously in the middle of nowhere west Texas. But they have high speed internet so YAY!

We spent the last few days down in San Antonio and Big Bend National Park. We even got stopped by immigration check points along the way. For some reason I got a big thrill out of the Border Patrol.

And can I just say, the Rio Grande River.... totally unimpressive. I've seen bigger creeks in my back yard. And the Alamo.... also unimpressive. And tiny! I think my NYC condo was larger.

However, the damn insects in this state are massive. Seriously! My poor car is just coated with insect guts. Driving into San Antonio was like driving through a blizzard of insects. ARGH!

San Antonio's Riverwalk area is quite nice. We had a great hotel room overlooking the city and the riverwalk. Mom and I took the obligatory boat cruise and ate dinner at one of the Mexican restraunts along the river. San Antionio has done a nice job with their downtown.

Big Bend is quite impressive with desert landscapes and mountain areas. Hard to believe that is our border with Mexico.

We are headed to Carlsbad Caverns and southern New Mexico tomorrow. I am downloading photos tonight, so hopefully I will be able to post a few soon.

No comments: