30 August 2006

Go West Young (Wo)Man!

I am starting to plan out my driving trip out to Seattle. This will be my third cross-country driving trip and I really think everyone should do this at least once. Some folks really need to see what actually lies between NY and LA. America is a quite remarkable and beautiful country and those folks in them thar red states are really not much different than those in the bluse states in NE and the 'left' coast.

Mom has also decided to join me on this trip and it will be nice to have the company. On my first cross-country trip, my two best friends from college joined me as neither had been passed the Mississippi river before. However, the second journey, I did by myself which was long and tiring. This trip, it will be mom, my two cats, and me enjoying the scenery of the USA.

Here is the itinerary so far.
SanAntonio (Riverwalk & the Alamo)
Big Bend National Park & Big Bend Ranch State Park
Guadalupe Mountains & Carlsbad Caverns National Parks
Roswell, NM (hee.... to see the ailens)
White Sands National Monument
Hubbell Trading Post National Historic Site
Canyon de Chelly National Park
Mounument Valley Tribal Park
Page, AZ (Slot Canyons)
Bryce Canyon, Zion, and/or Cedar Breaks National Parks
Great Basin National Park
Hwy 50 across Nevada ("the loneliest highway in america")
Reno, NV
Northern California coast & the Lost Coast
Redwood National Park
Oregon Coast (Cannon Beach)
Seattle, WA

So.... that's it. The Grand Journey to Seattle. It seems like a lot, but we will be traveling for roughly 16 days.

No comments: