17 July 2006

Best Laid Plans

I had it all worked out. My upcoming move to Seattle that is. I would work during July to get my place here in NYC all fixed up and ready to sell, put my condo on the market in early August and see how it would do. I had it all planned for a nice, easy, relaxing move spread out over months (I don't need to be in Seattle until next May).

Then comes the Friday afternoon phone call from my boss.

Seems they could use some help back in Seattle NOW and my boss asked if I would be willing to move back early. Well, being the good little employee that I am, of course I said ok (it is actually a great opportunity, so it wasn't that hard of a decision).

However, it now means a two month crazy, hectic, stressful move instead of the nice, lazy, unstressful move I had planned.

So be warned... I'm gonna get cranky.

No comments: