02 May 2006

I am a "Professional"

Well, I didn't exactly get paid for it and it certianly isn't National Geographic or Life Magazine, but I had my first ever published photo in a newspaper the other day.

Here it is.....



Sorry if you were expecting more, but that's it. My first published photo!

I was at my mom's place in Blairsville, GA for the weekend. It is a yearly family reunion as we all flock to mom's to help volunteer at the annual Tour de Georgia Bike race. Lance Armstrong rode in it last year and several of the major professional bike teams participate.

So, this year, my mom's friend mentioned to the local newspaper photo guy that I was a "professional photographer" and I got re-assigned to take photos of the race. Fun! So, in the downpour that was the start of the race, I moved through several downtown Blairsville locations to take photos.

Then, I was instructed to take my photos to CVS and leave them for the newspaper photo guy. Yes, the North Georgia News gets their photo work done at the local CVS. I was horrified, but then again, I am pretty much a photo snob. Oh well.

2 comments:

Joy said...

Now you understand my letdown last year when my first big published photo was one of the crappiest taken at that show. Sigh.

Still - it's published. Whoo hoo!

catherine said...

That's cool! Congratulations.