15 October 2005

Memories.....

Thanks to my friends Jane and Jessice for finding these questions....

1. What is your favorite childhood memory?
Having a HUGE cherry tomato fight with my brothers and parents in our kitchen when we lived in Cincinnati. I loved cherry tomatos and my mom grew them in her garden every summer. She would put out a bowl of them for dinner every night. One night I asked for the bowl and forgot to say please. My mom, in a snarky mood, took the bowl and smushed the tomatos in my face. I threw one back at her and a grand 'ol food fight erupted in our kitchen. When we moved years later, we found cherry tomato seeds behind the fridge. Hee.

2. What is your most displeasing childhood memory?
The day my mom mentioned the word "divorce". My dad was traveling quite a bit and it had to have been a huge strain on their marriage. I found my mom one day sitting on the back porch steps crying. My folks didnt divorce and things got better (thanks to us moving closer to where my dad was working), but I will never forget that empty feeling in my stomach when my mom said that word.

3. What is the best trait you inherited from a parent?Organizational skills from my dad. You should have seen these perfect long lists he would make when we were going on vacation. I find myself now making the same types of lists. I am probably more of an organization freak than my dad; my folks house tended to be littered with piles of magazines and papers and I CANT STAND THAT. When my one magazine rack gets full, it is time to throw them away. If I want to save an article, I tear it our, put it in one of those vinyl sleeves and file it in the appropriate binder. Yeah, it is a sickness, but I love my relatively clutter free house. Plus, the anal-retentiveness certainly helps in my job.

4. What is the worst trait you inherited from a parent?Stubborness. I got that trait in droves since both parents were the king and queen of stubborness.

5. Would you say that you are a good child to your parents? Why or why not?Yes, for the most part. I was a relative good girl while growing up. No drugs, little drinking, good grades, etc.... Since I graduated from college and moved on, I talked with my folks almost every week. My dad and I would talk for hours about GA Tech's football or basketball season and my mom and I could talk forever about anything. I actually think my relationship with my father, in particular, got better once I moved out of the house. Now, I could have been a better sister to my brothers, but thats a whole different issue.

No comments: